In Spanish class when I find out what a student is interested in and I try to find some authentic digital resources about their "thing". And after they finish their Spanish lesson, or after school, or on the weekend, I have them access something from the Spanish-speaking world connected to their interests.
Authentic Resources for Spanish Class is a website I created to collect and/or curate those things that might interest students. Among the links are websites with:
- travel sites by country or city in the Spanish-speaking world;
- high resolution images of sites in the Spanish-speaking world;
- museums in the Spanish-speaking world;
- television stations and programming from the Spanish-speaking world;
- news sources including newspapers and magazines as well as CNN en español and Univisión;
- shopping sites and supermarkets in the Spanish-speaking world
- Wikipedia (en español) sites of interest
- Instragram sites of interest, e.g., countries and cities in South America, vocabulary, magazine accounts;
- story-telling in Spanish;
- Disney en español;
- Top 40 music in various Spanish-speaking countries.